Monday, April 2, 2007

The Car - Hector and Isabel


The car is symbol of evil










“The “death car” as the news papers called it didn’t stop; it came of the gathering darkness, wavered tragically for a moment, and then disappeared around the next bend”.

“Daisy stepped on it, I tried to make her stop, but she couldn’t, so I pulled on the emergency break. Then she fell over into my lap and I drove on”.

Explanation: The quotes show that the car is a symbol of evil because the car is the one that crashed into the girl and killed her.

Isabel & Hector

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like the way that you used the quotes to symbolize just what the car really means. The car really does symblolize evil and I like the way that you explained it.
-Melanie Sanchez-

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What both of you stated was accurate for what the car symbolises. The car wasnt a great car but a "death car" which makes total sence.

-Eveli.6th

Anonymous said...

That is very straight to the point. The choice of quotes seems great. I would have liked more explanation on the 2nd quote though.

Joe - 8th

Anonymous said...

The car being a symbol of evil is right. Since the car killed the girl it is evil. In the modern world many people think that cars are very dangerous and evil.

Anonymous said...

The blog explains how the car represents a form of evil because of the actions that took place with the car. I think the car itself doesn't represent the evil, but the ability to do evil.


~Daniel H.~

Anonymous said...

I do feel that car represents evil in the great gatsby because wealth in the story is what is evil.
Joe 5th